Join the Community Inspiration and Volunteer for Girls on the Run!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Girls on the Run of Montgomery and Delaware Counties, Pa
Embark on a monumental journey...
An independent study led by Dr. Maureen Weiss, University of Minnesota, evaluated the impact of Girls on the Run on positive youth development. Findings show that Girls on the Run has a significant impact on the lives of girls - teaching critical life skills, increasing physical activity, building connections between peers, and more. In addition, Girls on the Run makes a stronger impact than organized sports and physical education programs in teaching life skills such as managing emotions, resolving conflict, helping others, and making intentional decisions.
You can read more and watch a video about these exciting study results at our website, www.gotrpa.org/News.
At the heart of Girls on the Run are amazing volunteers whose commitment and passion impact the lives of thousands of girls each year. Our volunteers are inspirational role models dedicated to empowering girls to become healthy and confident women. Whether you have a couple of hours a day, week, month or year to support our mission, we would love to hear from you.
We have many exciting volunteer events throughout the year! You can volunteer at all or choose which events fit with your schedule!
~Inspirational One Day Events~
- 5k Packet Assembly: Wed. May 9, 2018 from 5:30PM-8:30PM.
- 5k Packet Pick-Up: Thurs. May 10 (3:30PM-7:00PM) or Sat. May 12, 2018 (10:30AM-2:00PM). You can volunteer at one date or both.
- Pre 5k Set-Up Day: Sat. May 19, 2018 from 1:00PM-4:00PM
- 5k Day: Sun. May 20, 2018.
- Become a Running buddy for one of our program participants and support her along the way as she completes the 5k.
For more event details including role description and locations, please visit www.gotrpa.org/Volunteer
How To Apply
In your application, please note the events you are interested in volunteering for the 2018 season. We look forward to having you volunteer with us!