Communications and Marketing Volunteer (Remote)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by SKIP - Supporting Kids in Peru
A few hours per week
Calle Mayta Capac 1325
Rio Seco, El Porvenir
We are currently looking for someone with a background in journalism, web design, communications and/or media studies who can help us with our marketing and communication strategy. We specifically need someone with a background in Google Adwords to help us with this program.
Under supervision of the Communication Coordinator, the volunteer will liaise with every department from the SKIP programme and carry out visits in order to gain insight into their work, create stories and report accurately on the overall status of SKIP. The Communication Officer will use SKIP website and partners’ websites, newsletter, Google Adwords as well as online and offline media in order to report on and promote the work of SKIP.
This is an exciting and dynamic role in which the Officer will have a lot of freedom in creating and developing communications strategies, contacting media, writing stories and report.
We are always open to new ideas and suggestions, so there is room for you to use your own creativity in this position! A key to success in this position is to be highly motivated, self-directed and results driven, as there are no set office hours.
- Experience with Google Adwords
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in our work at SKIP, and our mission
- Highly motivated, self-directed and results-driven
- Four weeks minimum commitment
- Intermediate Spanish and English
- Experience in website maintenance and layout design
- An understanding of social media
- Photography skills
The benefits of volunteering with us
In return for your invaluable participation in our volunteering programme, SKIP will provide:
- a thorough induction to the organisation, programmes, department and specific role
- structured and relevant training from qualified and experienced staff members
- mentoring and support in the form of regular supervision and staff meetings as well as informal sessions
- the chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- a letter of confirmation of volunteer service