Tutor Refugee and Immigrant Youth in SeaTac!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by LCSNW Angle Lake Family Resource Center
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
4040 South 188th Street
Refugees Northwest, a program of Lutheran Community Services Northwest (LCSNW), is excited to offer a drop-out prevention program for refugee and immigrant students called the Successful Futures Program. The program supports the academic success and well-being of youth participants through weekly workshops to develop school and life skills. By introducing students to community resources and strengthening their support system, we hope to keep refugee and immigrant youth on a successful path toward graduation and beyond!
Schedule & Commitment
LCSNW is seeking 5 After School Tutors to offer academic support to the middle and high school students participating in our Successful Futures Program at the LCSNW Angle Lake Family Resource Center, 4040 S 188th St. #100, SeaTac, WA 98188. After School Tutors will provide homework help to students on Tuesdays, from 3 to 5:00 PM, from January 9th – June 15th.
After School Tutors will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide individualized and small group homework support to students ages 12 to 18 with varied English levels
- Facilitate a positive, encouraging and respectful studying environment
- Promote studying strategies to foster positive sustainable learning habits
- Empower students to feel confident in themselves and prepared for successful futures
Training and guidance will be provided. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to assist youth in the community in achieving their academic goals, learn about new cultures, and develop meaningful mentoring relationships with refugee and immigrant teens!
How to Apply
Please email Sarah (Volunteer Coordinator) at email@example.com to express your interest in volunteering and to begin the application process.
How To Apply
To apply, please email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org