A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
University of Idaho Extension
5880 North Glenwood Street
Come join the 4-H team by leading or assisting with our new exciting Discovery clubs. Each six-week club will focus on individual topics such as shooting sports, healthy living, cooking, craft projects, animal science, gardening, robotics and many more! Have fun meeting and working with new people!
Work with volunteers and youth in a leadership or assistant role during Discovery clubs. Run meetings, help youth complete projects, assist with set-up and other tasks as needed to facilitate the successful operation of the club. Choose your own topic or contact the Ada Extension office (208-287-5900) for possibilities.
- Discovery clubs meet once a week for 6 weeks during the Fall, the Spring and the Summer. Choose to lead or assist with a club during one season or three times a year.
- Primarily Ada County although travel within the county may be necessary.
- Lead, support and/or assist with 4-H Discovery clubs.
- Work under the supervision of county 4-H professionals or certified volunteers, maintaining frequent communication and accepting guidance.
- Support and assist certified volunteers during meeting times of Discovery clubs.
- Ability to organize information and materials.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Must have good communication and people relation skills.
- Sincere interest in working with the University of Idaho Extension staff and fellow volunteers in an educational setting.
- Make a difference in the lives of youth.
- Further develop personal organization, leadership, time management, and communication skills.
- Help build and support young leaders in our local community.
University of Idaho Extension, Ada County 5880 N Glenwood Street
Boise, ID 83714
How To Apply
Please go to website and fill out the interest form or email Kristi Mire at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest. You may also contact our office directly at 208-287-5900. Thank you and we hope to hear from you.
The University of Idaho is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and educational organization. We offer our programs to persons regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication program information or reasonable accommodations needs to contact Ada County Extension two weeks before the class at 5880 Glenwood St., Boise, ID, 208-287-5900, email@example.com.