A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Join the KCDC Wonder Dojo! You’ll work with a group of pretty awesome folks who are into learning, teaching, and building community in DC. As the lead of our communications team, you’ll be helping people discover our organization and framing the way they think about us.
- Oversee bi-weekly newsletter, social media, and relations with media. Work closely with web designer.
- Create a content strategy to coordinate messaging and look/feel.
- Work with documentarian volunteers to capture photos, videos, and writing from our classes and events.
- Develop and execute communications plans for events and initiatives (e.g. Funk Parade, DC State Fair).
- Recruit and manage other communications volunteers as necessary. Lead regular meetings with communications team.
- Experience working or volunteering in marketing/communications
- Ability and willingness to commit 5-10 hours per week
- Training Provided