VOLUNTEER POSITION OFFER: Partnerships Officer at Baan Dek Foundation (Thailand)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Baan Dek Foundation
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
48/2 Chiangmai - Lampang rd, T.Chankphuek, A.Mueng, ChiangMai, 50300
48/2 Chiangmai - Lampang rd
VOLUNTEER POSITION OFFER:
Partnerships Officer at Baan Dek Foundation (Thailand)
Baan Dek Foundation is an international NGO that provides access to education, health and safety services for more than 1,000 vulnerable children every year. These children and families live in disadvantaged communities such as slums and construction site camps in the Chiang Mai Metropolitan Area (Northern Thailand). BDF achieves its mission through a variety of field programs among these communities, including educational programs and one-on-one tailored support. You can find further information about BDF’s mission and programs at www.baandekfoundation.org.
Volunteer Position: Partnerships Officer
BDF is seeking a volunteer to help expand its partners and fundraising. The main responsibilities of the Partnerships Officer will include the following:
· Develop new fundraising partnerships by prospecting and networking with corporate, institutional, and individual contacts.
· Maintain existing partner relations by preparing reports and working with the Communications Team to produce additional materials for donors.
· Develop alternative forms of fundraising and resource mobilization, such as organizing events and participating in fairs and other networking opportunities.
· Participate or assist in certain field programs in order to maintain excellent understanding of the Foundation’s support to children and families (and therefore communicate the Foundation’s work as effectively as possible to partners).
· Qualifications: Business/Marketing studies or related field, and/or confirmed interest.
· Previous professional experience in fundraising, social business, marketing, and communications is highly recommended.
· Experience working with children (or for an organization that supports children) is considered an asset.
· Strong social commitment, excellent analytical skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work and live in a multi-cultural environment. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and interested in fundraising and social work.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English. French/Italian/Thai considered an asset.
· Other skills: Ability to drive a motorbike.
Duration of contract: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Position status: Volunteer (internships are possible to arrange, and a certificate can be awarded at the end of the volunteer’s mission)
Compensation: No initial financial compensation / Open to self-financing initiatives.
Benefits: Housing accommodation is provided by BDF, as well as food (lunch at the office on weekdays) and transportation mean available. (a motorbike or bicycle).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that selects candidates based on merit. To comply with Baan Dek Foundation Child Protection Policy, the selected candidate will be requested a copy of his/her criminal records. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation's Child Protection Policy
Email applications (CV, cover letter, and 2 references) to Ms. Allison Sanders (Allison@baandekfoundation.org).
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers