Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Affiliate Chair
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Las Vegas Affiliate
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Volunteers power the passion and progress of our cause. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN)
prides itself on a nationwide grassroots army, inspiring over one million people to take action and accelerate progress in the fight to end pancreatic cancer. With guidance from PanCAN staff, local affiliates are led by a volunteer leadership team that includes an Affiliate Chair, PurpleStride Chair, Mission Chair and November Awareness Chair. This leadership team engages other volunteers and community members through committees supporting the organization’s mission at the local level.
The Affiliate Chair (AC) recruits and leads the local volunteer leadership team. In collaboration with their staff partner, the AC motivates and guides the volunteer leaders to achieve goals impacting national priorities and ensuring the affiliate is operating as a productive and cohesive team.
Responsibilities & Duties
* In collaboration with staff partner, recruit affiliate leadership volunteers and manage their efforts.
* Maintain the overall health of the affiliate, creating a consistently productive and welcoming environment.
* Facilitate regular leadership team meetings and necessary affiliate gatherings.
* Maintain a year-round calendar of affiliate activities.
* Manage interpersonal conflict and resolution within the affiliate.
* Track and manage progress against the affiliate’s goals, strategies and budget.
* Actively recruit and effectively manage a Social Media Chair.
* Strategically communicate affiliate updates and activities utilizing local volunteer database through
newsletters and emails.
* Work with affiliate leadership volunteers to build committees under the PurpleStride Chair, November,
Awareness Chair and Mission Chair.
* Serve as the Affiliate Spokesperson.
* Serve as a primary liaison between the National Office and local community.
* Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with staff partner.
* Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with volunteer leadership team and Social Media
* Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
* Respond to inquiries within two business days.
* All volunteer positions are expected to regularly communicate with their staff partner and/or local
volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc) and demonstrate a
commitment to the PanCAN mission.
Position Title: Affiliate Chair
Time Frame: Two Years
About the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In our urgent mission to save lives, we attack pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. Our effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. We are determined to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.
- Training Provided