A few hours per month
Throughout Orange County
600 Parkcenter Drive
Do you like to help people and save lives? If so, the Blood Donor Ambassador role is for you! As a Donor Ambassador you help to provide excellent and professional customer service in a medical setting to enhance the blood donor experience. Blood drives are held throughout Orange County.
- Manage the reception process by ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisted with initial intake according to the appointment priority system.
- Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell.
- Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations.
- Exhibit five key courtesies: respect, compassion, communication, collaboration, competence.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
- Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas.
- One 4-6 hour shift per month for six months
- Professional, clear and diplomatic communication skills
- Comfortable approaching people you do not know
- Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s)
Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community, network and meet new people, and develop customer service skills that last a lifetime!
- Training Provided