Phoenix Metropolitan Area
AZSA Volunteer Engagement Manager
The Volunteer Engagement Manager is responsible for the creation of volunteer engagement processes that ensure volunteers are utilized effectively to achieve organizational goals and objectives. The Volunteer Engagement Manager will report to Volunteer Management Director and work to provide effective leadership over volunteers, develop an effective volunteer engagement strategy and ensure all events are properly staffed in a rapidly growing organization.
The Volunteer Engagement Manager may be asked to perform some of all of the following duties:
- Develop positive relationships with volunteers and create strategies to motivate and empower each volunteer to achieve their potential within the organization.
- Conduct a volunteer needs assessment for each AZSA priority and evaluate current and future volunteer needs across the organization.
- Communicate with all volunteers and provide guidance and support.
- Work with Volunteer Management Director and other AZSA leadership to plan, implement and facilitate volunteer orientations.
- Develop strategies to increase overall volunteer retention.
- Track all volunteer hours using Fundly Connect and collaborate with priority leaders to ensure sufficient volunteers are provided for all AZSA events.
- Review material created by priority leaders for all AZSA events and distribute material to appropriate communication channels.
- Develop ideas to show appreciation for all AZSA volunteers prior to, during, and following participation in events.
- Collaborate with priority leadership and train where necessary to assure that volunteer engagement initiatives are being met.
- Other duties as assigned by Volunteer Management Director.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrates the ability and eagerness to develop processes
- Capable of working in a setting with few established processes
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Experience either in scheduling, or coordinating events
- Volunteer Management experience preferred
Time commitment: Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Include: Statement of Interest and Resume