Marshfield Child Advocacy Center Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Marshfield Child Advocacy Center
Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1000 North Oak Avenue
The Marshfield Child Advocacy Center (MCAC) is seeking dedicated and caring individuals to volunteer around our Center in the Marshfield Clinic. Currently our Center offers several volunteer opportunities including:
*Child Care: Do you enjoy working and playing with children?
- Provide child care during patient appointments and ensure a safe, fun, and comfortable environment. This position involves volunteers keeping children occupied in a safe, child-friendly environment while their caretakers/families are meeting with providers to discuss information regarding the appointment.
*This is always one of our most needed volunteer opportunities.
Administrative: Do you love organization?
- Assist in the general operations of the Marshfield Child Advocacy Center including, but not limited to; organizing resources, updating resources, assisting staff with clerical tasks, organizing the Center, and other duties as assigned that help in the day-to-day operations of the Center.
Prevention and Awareness Campaigns: Do you want to help raise awareness within the community?
- Assist in clerical, organizational, and other tasks that pertain to Marshfield Child Advocacy Center’s prevention and awareness campaigns. Prevention and awareness campaigns volunteers can participate in include: CLICK for Babies, National Child Abuse Prevention Month, and National Foster Care Month.
Social Media: Are you social media savvy?
- Assist in tasks pertaining to our social media accounts including, but not limited to; the Marshfield Child Advocacy Center Facebook page, our official website, and our Twitter account. Tasks may also include researching and compiling information to be posted on our social media accounts.
Volunteer Recruitment: Are you a people person?
- Assist in tasks and activities pertaining to recruiting volunteers. These tasks include, but are not limited to; creating recruitment messages, pamphlets and other hand-outs, assisting with our volunteer websites, and participating in speaking engagements promoting the Marshfield Child Advocacy Center’s volunteer program.
- The volunteer program at the Marshfield Child Advocacy Center encourages volunteers to assist in whatever capacity they are able. We acknowledge that everyone has special strengths, interests, and capabilities. Therefore, we are more than willing to tailor the volunteer program to include tasks that directly reflect the volunteer’s interests, strengths, and capabilities.
Our Center is open from 8 am to 5 pm Mondays through Fridays, and sometimes we have after hours appointments on Tuesdays. Ideally, we want our volunteers to volunteer a total of 15 hours before they leave the Center, but this time can be completed over several months if necessary. No special skills are really needed for this volunteer position, though it is probably preferred that a volunteer likes children.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are interested in volunteering with us please contact our AmeriCorps member/Volunteer Coordinator Rachel at the provided email address. She will send you the necessary paperwork to fill out in order for you to receive a short interview with the Center. After the interview, assuming all goes well, you will have to undergo a free health check, complete a few short computer based trainings, and attend a short orientation. Afterwards, you will officially be a volunteer with the MCAC.