PERU: Volunteer Coordinator in Trujillo
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by La Comunidad que Construimos - LCQC Peru
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Avenida 29 De Diciembre
La Comunidad Que Construimos (LCQC Peru) is looking for an enthusiastic and caring Volunteer Coordinator to help recruit, train and manage a team of volunteer teachers for various educational and community programs in a local school in Trujillo, Peru.
As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will specifically work to support our volunteer English, Arts and Sports teachers throughout their terms of service with the organization. You will collaborate with the Director, the school staff members and the volunteers to strengthen training processes and to improve the volunteer experience and the program quality.
- Assist the program Director in recruiting and training volunteers
- Support volunteers on a daily basis in our various programs for an enhanced volunteering experience
- Creating and delivering lesson plans (Grade 1 to 6, Primary level) for our English Teaching Program
- Creating a range of activities for our After-School Program
- Provide ongoing professional support, encouragement, and recognition for volunteers through their term of service
- Collaborate with school staff to implement new community development projects
- Take part in fun extracurricular activities that include sightseeing, camping, surfing and sandboarding
- Spend time with children and their families at our various projects
- Attend weekly meetings with the Director
- Set an example to the volunteers and act as a role model
- Be a responsible ambassador for our organization
- Be passionate and enthusiastic!
- Bachelor Degree
- Previous teaching experience and/or TEFL certification - essential
- Minimum commitment of 6 months in Peru - essential
- English fluency - essential
- Intermediate Spanish - essential
- Has served as a volunteer in some prior capacity
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals
- Positive attitude and problem-solving
- Experience teaching and/or working with groups of children
- An engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a variety of settings
- First Aid certificate not required but preferred
- Experience of living and working in Latin America not required but preferred
Benefits of being a Volunteer Coordinator with us:
- Gain valuable skills and a unique experience in managing volunteers in an international NGO.
- Support and implement local development projects in a grassroots Peruvian organization
- Be part of an amazing community that aims at making a positive change.
- Induction, training and on-going support
- Cultural exchange with our local Peruvian hosts at the Volunteer House
Accommodation is FREE. You will live at our Volunteer House located in the center of Trujillo, close to amenities. It includes private and shared bedrooms, Wi-Fi, self-catering kitchen, large bathroom with hot water and a spacious terrace.
START DATE: September 2018
Due to the high number of applications received, we will only reply to the candidates selected for an interview.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers