Orange County Red Cross Office
600 Parkcenter Drive
Gain valuable experience in public relations and crisis communications by volunteering as a Public Information Associate!
In this role you will coordinate public information about Red Cross services and programs. In the event of a disaster you will be on the scene, responding to media requests with accurate information and helping disseminate disaster response, relief, and recovery information.
- Write external communication materials such as news releases
- Use of social engagement sites to disseminate disaster response, relief and recovery information.
- Use all forms of media (print, broadcast and electronic) to help the Red Cross disseminate disaster response, relief and recovery information.
- Ensure all Red Cross photography and brand standards are followed.
- During a disaster, assist in implementing the disaster public affairs activity portion of the service delivery plan.
- Present Red Cross involvement and services to media.
- Assist at disaster or other emergency site.
- Respond to media requests with accurate information.
- Support disaster public affairs on chapter-led operations.
- Build effective relationships
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and to motivate others in team building.
- Ability to lead others as needed.
- Communicate organizational messages at the onset of a disaster relief operation.
- Ability to work in a chaotic setting.
- Ability to communicate clearly and represent the Red Cross
Scheduled on a rotating basis; must be on-call day or night depending on emergencies.
- Training Provided