The Tandana Foundation is seeking a volunteer to assist several schools with their school gardens, and to assist with other environmental or gardening projects. This opportunity is available from September through early July. Minimum time commitment is 3 months.
The volunteer will work with teachers and elementary students as well as with community members of all ages. The volunteer will live with a host family and assist teachers at several schools with their school gardens. The volunteer will also help at the UCINQUI native tree nursery with weeding, planting, and other tasks. The volunteer may also help coordinate garden or environment-related experiences for groups of U.S.volunteers that may visit the community and help with other environmental projects that may arise. Living in a mountain village, The volunteer will be immersed in indigenous culture and a basic lifestyle. He or she will also serve as a a cultural ambassador and a positive representative of The Tandana Foundation. The volunteer will also have the option of doing some environmental education with elementary students.
• Conversational Spanish
• Demonstrated interest in gardening, reforestation, or other plant-oriented work
• Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse array of people, to solve problems creatively, and to promote a positive experience for all involved
• Self-motivation, responsibility, and an ability to work independently
• Minimum age is 19, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Minimum time commitment is 85 days.
• Assist several schools with their gardens
• Assist at the UCINQUI native tree nursery
• Represent Tandana in a positive manner to all community members and volunteers
• Build relationships in the community
• Help with other environment-related projects as requested by Tandana administration
Tandana’s Mission To empower individuals of various cultural backgrounds with an increased awareness of the world, other cultures, and themselves, and an expanded sense of their possibilities; To promote positive, caring interactions between people of different backgrounds and encourage consideration and lessening of global inequalities; To promote respect and responsibility toward one's self, all people, and the Earth.
Please find more information about the organization and the specific programs at www.tandanafoundation.org
The Tandana Foundation is seeking a volunteer to assist several schools with their school gardens, and to assist with other environmental or gardening projects. This opportunity is available from September through early July. Minimum…
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter addressing each of the following questions to Aaron DiMartino, Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter addressing each of the following questions to Aaron DiMartino, Operations Director, at email@example.com…