Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Krong Siem Reap
The Soulcial Trust’s mission is to raise awareness about social issues and causes in India and Cambodia, in particular for disabled communities and environmental concerns, and to connect individuals wishing to volunteer for causes while living or travelling abroad with NGOs in need of volunteer services.
There are three major pillars of the Soulcial Trust’s activities:
- Soulcial Travel (www.soulcialtravel.com) connects NGOs and people living or traveling abroad in order to promote volunteer opportunities
- XLability (www.xlability.org) is a disability awareness programme that emphasises the ability of people with disabilities through sport both in India and Cambodia.
Green Influence (www.soulcialtrust.org) addresses environmental issues in Cambodia and other countries in South East Asia. Through this programme, Soulcial Trust raises awareness among companies, tourists, and Cambodian society of sustainability and environmental issues.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us develop actions of our disability pillar, XLability, including the development of adapted sports and artistic activities for people of all abilities and the organization of an international wheelchair sports exchange.
The volunteer is responsible for:
- Ensuring the development and logistics of adapted sports activities, training sessions, tracking players
- Managing the inclusive choir and developing other adapted artistic activities
- Assisting with the rugby and basketball International Wheelchair Sports Exchange
- Researching fund-raising activities
Applicants should first and foremost have good social and personal skills, a sense of altruism, sensitive to the issues of disability in Asian developing countries, a sports enthusiast, creative, and an able to work independently.
- Experience with people with disabilities is required
- Experience in marketing, communication, partnerships highly desired
- Knowledge of and/or experience with wheelchair sports a plus, but not required
- Native speaker or good level of English
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Please note that we cannot support the volunteer with stipend, visa fees, or housing.
Working hours are weekdays and sometimes weekends
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Please send CV and letter of interest to:
Genni LOW – Programmes Director
Telephone: +855 15 579 367