A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
27490 SW 95th Ave
Do you have a passion for motorsports, education, or museums in general? World of Speed Motorsports Museum in Wilsonville, Oregon, offers visitors an opportunity to learn more about motorsports culture and the rich history of motorsports in the Pacific Northwest. World of Speed recruits volunteers who enjoy working with the public and sharing the museum’s history with motorsports fans and newcomers alike. With a focus on education, volunteers fill the vital role of helping visitors connect with the exhibits and occasionally provide gallery and behind the scenes tours for guests.
We offer training to all volunteers and provide a fun and exciting environment where our volunteers can share their knowledge and continue to build on their own. Great museum benefits include discounts, guest passes, and a complimentary membership after 50 hours of service in a calendar year.
- Docents are asked to commit to one shift weekly or every-other-week.
- Typical shift: 9:30am-1pm or 12:30-5pm. Currently looking to fill Thursday – Sunday shifts.
- Docents are encouraged to volunteer as often as they can. Additional regular museum shifts and volunteering for group tours and special events are strongly encouraged.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as scheduled.
- Complete a minimum of 50 hours annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer visitors’ questions and provide information about exhibits.
- Protect displays.
- Ensure visitors are adhering to museum rules and regulations.
- Ensure exhibits and displays are in good, working condition.
- Guide visitors on tours of the museum.
- A knowledge and/or appreciation of motorsports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Group speaking experience.
- Willing and able to maintain rules and regulations.
- Friendly, service-oriented, and positive attitude.
- Ability and willingness to listen and effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and age levels.
- Reliable and honest.
- Training Provided