A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Operations & Volunteer Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the organization and for recruiting, vetting and training all volunteers. This position works closely with the Leadership Team, in addition to attending bi-monthly leadership meetings with the Board of Directors. This is a non-paid, volunteer position. Following a six month probationary period, this position serves as part of BAPBR's working Board of Directors.
- Help develop and record organizational goals, track progress towards goals and identify resources needed to reach goals
- Work with Leadership Team to develop tools and efficient systems of team communication, record-keeping and project management; manage the organization of final documents and reference materials
- Be primary liaison between Leadership Team members; secure space and schedule bimonthly meetings
- Direct management of BAPBR's volunteer base, including fielding all volunteer applications, recruiting new volunteers, providing support materials to new volunteers and serving as the first point of contact for volunteer questions
- Develop and manage foster volunteers; create support documents and materials and work with Pit Stop & Adopt Program Director to match needy dogs with appropriate fosters
- Work with Event Director to staff all events
- Check BAPBR email on a frequent basis and respond in a timely manner
- Professional oral and written skills
- Prior experience with program or operations management a plus
- Prior experience with volunteer management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong delegation skills and collaborative instincts
- Knowledge of nonprofit business models
- Strong commitment to the mission of BAPBR, and, in general, to animal welfare
We do not have a physical location, but volunteers need to be able to attend occasional meetings and events in the Portland, OR metro area.
Born Again Pit Bull Rescue saves lives by keeping dogs out of local shelters through spay and neuter assistance, owner and shelter support programs, and community education. We are the longest standing registered nonprofit rescue in the Portland area dedicated to improving the lives of pit-bull-type dogs and their families. Our community programming includes Snip Your Pit, our spay and neuter assistance program; Full Bellies Fund, our food bank program; and Pit Stop & Adopt, our shelter and owner networking program.
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the application form at www.bapbr.org/operations-and-volunteer-manager.