A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The ARISE Africa Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is working to increase the number of Nigerians that get tested and treated for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD). By Actively Raising Interests in Sexual Epidemics (ARISE), we hope to contribute to Nigeria's attainment of the United Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 5, which include: ensuring good health and well-being as well as gender equality respectively. Overall, our work focuses on education, leveraging the power of the media to instigate change and providing a means for Nigerians to get tested and treated for STD.
The Grant writer is responsible for managing grant applications for ARISE’s programs. Under the leadership of the Vice President and in collaboration with the treasurer, the grant writer identifies potential funders and write grant proposals and applications in accordance with the established funding strategy.
· Researches and identifies potential funding sources
· Keeps track of grant application requirements and timelines
· Write grant proposals/applications
· Collaborates with other team members to plan fundraising activities
· Experience in a nonprofit setting or grant writing
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Able to work under tight deadlines
· A self-starter who can work independently and can also be a resourceful team player
· Passion for ARISE Africa Foundation’s mission
Language/Cultural Support Available