Become a Hiking Guide in Guatemala and Help Kids
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Quetzaltrekkers (Guatemala)
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Diagonal 12, 8-37, Zona 1, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Quetzaltrekkers is a social enterprise hiking outfitter based in Quetzaltenango (Xela), Guatemala, with all profits benefiting a school and orphanage. We are consistently in search of hardworking, experienced volunteers to lead hikes throughout the highlands of Guatemala. All volunteers are provided affordable accommodation for GTQ200-500 depending on room situation, free communal meals, and all costs whilst on treks are covered.
***Please note this is a minimum 3 MONTH commitment***
The following criteria is used in consideration of potential volunteers:
- A 3 month absolute minimum time commitment (not including a 3-day client hike beforehand);
- Intermediate Spanish; (must make phone calls in Spanish and communicate with locals)
- A first aid qualification;
- Love of the outdoors, trekking, roughing it, (not sleeping) under the stars, getting wet, cold toes and lumpy oatmeal;
- Great people-skills, endless patience; and,
- The ability to work and live as a member of a team.
Feel free to visit our website to learn more about who we are and what it's like to be a guide.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To start the application process, please visit the link to read more and apply to become a guide.