Fundraising Volunteers (4)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Nature for Life Conservation Initiatives (NALCOI)
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Kamuli Municipality, Eastern Uganda
53 Kamuli, Uganda
Nature for Life Conservation Initiatives (NALCOI) is a local Non-Government and not-for-profit organisation founded in 2010 in Uganda. NALCOI promotes environmental conservation; increase access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene; and improve food and nutrition security and sustainable livelihoods among the poor communities in Uganda. NALCOI works directly with communities at the grassroots to relentlessly achieve the desirable and sustainable impact among the poor and disadvantaged people.
About the position of Fundraising Volunteer (4)
The Fundraising Volunteer is an unpaid and unprofessional position. As a volunteer you will be part of people passionately dedicating part of their time to contribute to achievement of a better world. The volunteers will take part in a number of activities to raise money for NALCOI. Your devotion to serve as fundraising volunteer will significantly contribute to NALCOI’s continued existence to support the poor and disadvantaged people to get out poverty, access safe water, sanitation and hygiene, and for NALCOI to continue protecting and restore healthy forests, agro-ecosystems, and aquatic ecosystems which are key determinants for healthy people and global development.
Skills and personal qualities
- Passionate about environmental conservation and helping the poor and disadvantaged people.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with new people and organisations.
- Ability to work independently from remote environment.
- Should be a team player and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills, be friendly and have persuasive manner.
- Ability to ingeniously create new fundraising strategies and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with good command of communication through Skype, Email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Previous experience in fundraising is desirable but not essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create and keep track of donation collection through emails and telephone calls.
- Work with fundraising team to solicit major donors.
- In consultation with the ED, plan and manage fundraising events and campaigns
- Increase and maintain NALCOI’s individual donor portfolio through making contact with organisations and people, and securing financial support.
- Identify and approach potential partners (NGOs and companies) and establish working relationships.
- Help to promote NALCOI work outside.
This is a short term position of 6 months with provision for renewal. Fundraising volunteers will be required to allocate a minimum of 2 hours per week.
This position will help professionals and non-professionals for example students to gain and build their experience including fundraising and non-profit experience; build experience for individuals enthusiastic for supporting the poor and disadvantage people, increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene and environmental conservation; NALCOI will provide reference to fundraising volunteers in case they need it in their future career development.
Each volunteer will be provided with background information about NALCOI. Skype meetings for technical support. This is a voluntary position we do not have remuneration for volunteers.
If you're interested in this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you're interested in this position please send your CV to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org