The Trevor Project is dedicated to recruiting qualified volunteers to provide life-saving, life-affirming support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. Our volunteers accomplish societal and individual change by creating safe spaces for LGBTQ youth in crisis and promoting awareness of Trevor’s resources.
Trevor Lifeline volunteers are trained to answer calls on the Trevor Lifeline from young people who are feeling suicidal or need a safe, non-judgmental place to talk. This is an onsite volunteer opportunity and those interested need to live near our call centers which are located in LA.
**Note: Volunteers must be available for all training dates and times**
Summer 2018 Training:
- Thursday, July 12 - 6pm-9pm (Orientation)
- Saturday, July 14 - 9:30am-6:30pm
- Sunday, July 15 - 9:30am-6:30pm
- Saturday, July 21 - 9:30am-6:30pm
- Sunday, July 22 - 9:30am-6:30pm
Trevor Lifeline Shift Times (we ask that volunteers commit to two 4-hour shifts per month):
- Sunday - Tuesday | 6:30pm - 11:0pm PST
- Wednesday - Thursday | 10:30am - 3:00pm PST, 6:30pm - 11:00pm PST
- Friday - Saturday | 2:30pm - 7:00pm PST, 6:30pm - 11:00pm PST
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You are open to constantly learning.
- You are good at practicing self-care.
- You fit the profile of an ideal Lifeline volunteer:
- Training Provided
How To Apply
**Please note: You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer. If you are under 18, please consider our Trevor Youth Ambassador Council.
1. Digitally Sign Volunteer Agreement
2. Create a Volunteer Profile
You will receive further instructions upon completing the first two steps. For more information, visit our website here or reach out to our Community Engagement Coordinator Ashley Choi at Ashley.Choi@thetrevorproject.org.