A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC)
7 Bishop Street
At Voices Against Violence, we have a single motivation - to end sexual and domestic violence in our community.
Voices Against Violence is the only domestic violence agency and rape crisis center in the Greater Framingham and Marlborough region serving over 2000 victims and survivors annually. For over 40 years, Voices has provided free and confidential services that include:
- A 24-hour hotline for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Crisis intervention
- Advocacy and supportive counseling
- Counseling and support groups for victims and survivors
- Legal and medical advocacy
- Emergency shelter for those fleeing imminent danger
- Supervised visitation for children exposed to domestic violence
Through both staff and volunteer service, we are dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals in the communities that we serve. Volunteering with Voices offers a meaningful way to: develop professional skills, make a difference in the lives of those affected by violence, and strengthen your knowledge of the issues.The volunteer job descriptions are listed below:
- Hotline Volunteer: Volunteers will answer our 24-hour hotline to provide crisis intervention and referrals to all callers.
- Medical Advocate: Medical Advocates support survivors of sexual assault at the hospital emergency room. They provide advocacy and information to survivors and any family or significant others who may be present with them at the hospital.
- Shelter Volunteer: Work with parents and kids escaping domestic violence in our confidential emergency shelter. Volunteers may: work closely with staff to make the shelter a pleasant and safe environment, assist with donations of clothing and other items, homework tutoring, provide crisis intervention and help run specialized groups.
- KidSpace Volunteer: Supervise visits between non-custodial parents and their children at the supervised visitation center, KidSpace. Ensure a safe environment for all participants, following all policies and guidelines of the center. Take objective, non-judgmental observation notes and provide feedback to custodial and non-custodial parties, as appropriate.
- Outreach Volunteer: Outreach volunteers work to increase public awareness of issues of domestic and sexual violence, Voices’ services, and preventative strategies. Volunteers will assist in community outreach activities such as distributing Voices materials, staffing information tables, attending community events, etc.
- Office Volunteer: Voices welcomes friendly administrative volunteers to help assist with clerical tasks, special projects, and welcoming clients into the office.
- Special Events: Use your expertise to help out with special fundraising events that happen throughout the year such as our annual Purple Passion 5k in September!
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Please return all applications to:
Voices Against Violence
7 Bishop Street, Framingham MA 01702
Via Fax: 508-872-4264