Patient and Family Resource Center Wig Fitter Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
825 Eastlake Avenue East
The volunteer will provide a one on one wig fitting experience for our patients. They will help in finding styles and fits that work best for the patient and offer information on management and care of the wigs.
- The volunteer would be responsible for assisting patients in finding a wig that meets their style and color needs and that fits properly.
- The volunteer would be responsible to discuss basic wig care with the patient, as well as other head covering options (hats, scarves, etc.).
- The volunteer would be responsible for keeping the wig display organized and stocked with the appropriate literature, and keeping the Resource Center staff alerted to inventory levels of wigs to accommodate proper ordering of color and style.
- Comply with all infection control and confidentiality policies.
- Strive to remain compassionate, non-judgmental, flexible and impartial when assisting people who have lifestyles, spiritual beliefs, and interests that are different from your own.
- Respect the privacy of patients and family members, and abide by the Volunteer Services program’s confidentiality policies.
How To Apply
ORIENTATION Volunteers participate in two orientation sessions and a role specific orientation, along with an interview, before they are assigned to a specific shift. Volunteers are encouraged to attend in-service education programs for continuing education.
New Volunteer Orientation is offered quarterly. The next orientation is scheduled for May 16th & 23rd , 3:30-6:30pm. Pre-registration and attendance at both sessions is required.
The application and more information is available at www.sccavolunteer.org.