Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have management and people skills? Have you ever designed and measured the effectiveness of a service or program? Are you experienced with HR issues and compliance requirements?
Are you good at evaluating skills and personal traits to help assign staff to appropriate positions? Become part of the People team that works with staff to help JAARS succeed in making Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Provide leadership to HR Operations on the JAARS Center.
- · This is a full-time, volunteer or staff that raises their support position
- · Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- · Design, implement, and measure the effectiveness of HR staffing services on the center
- · Aid in monitoring the effectiveness of current HR processes and propose needed changes and additions
- · Oversee the staffing needs and effectively communicate those internally and externally
- · Update the screening processes for all staff (paid, seconded, and volunteer)
- · Assign new staff or changes of assignment in consultation with appropriate personnel and department heads
- · Assign access to HR databases
- · Approve all employment offer and invitation letters
- · Assist managers in successfully supervising their staff
- · Ensure organizational and regulatory HR compliance
- · Manage all HR department budgets
- · Handle staff disciplinary matters in accordance with the Staff Handbook
- · Serve on the Directors Leadership Team
- · Additional responsibilities may be delegated by the VP of People
Experience and Education
- · Demonstrated expertise and relevant experience in human resource management
- · A bachelor’s degree, preferably related to HR Management
- · Five plus years of HR Management experience
- · Membership in SHRM preferred
- · HR Certification preferred (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP or SPHR, PHR)
- · Understand and respect multicultural management issues
- · Practice a learning attitude and creative acceptance of differences while offering training and mentoring to others
- · Field experience preferred
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
- · Proof of health insurance
- · Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- · Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- · Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020