Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Reporting to the Meta volunteer of the Technical Team, the Business Analyst is an integral part in the success of Advance Social Innovation. The incumbent shall research current impact investment market as per the project needs and shall be responsible for analyzing the data to facilitate the decision-making process. He/She will research potential investors, accelerators, and other intermediary institutions and help the social enterprises to incur more funding and support to run the cause.
· Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls.
· Gather data about consumers, potential investors, accelerators, and other intermediary institutions.
· Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports.
· Prepare wireframes, reports and present results to the project team.
· Measure and improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and strategies.
· Work with Stakeholders to elicit requirements and design suitable solutions
· Familiar with the software development cycle and with social media platforms to drive marketing campaigns and build a loyal website member base.
· Comfortable with agile framework and strong project documentation skills.
· Able to define wireframes and functionality for Web and Mobile platforms
· Work closely with the User Experience, Web Design, Front End and Back End Developers, Architects and key subject matter experts in defining and delivering solutions
· Work collaboratively with QA team to prepare and execute acceptance test cases for application development projects to help ensure quality throughout development life cycle
· Work collaboratively with Product Managers to facilitate the preparation of features and functionality documentation and updates configuration manuals in support of product releases
· Clarify requirements and use cases with Developers and QA Analysts to ensure a common understanding of project scope
· Participate in discussions in department-wide and smaller team meetings
· Coordinate with developers and project team members to triage and resolve issues
· Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables to the Project Manager
· 2+ years in any combination of business analysis roles in financial organizations and involved in web/mobile development, experience with impact investing highly desirable
· Ability to work in a distributed team, managing multiple planned and unplanned projects.
· Meet requirements and deadlines, follow best practice without compromising on the business goals of the projects.
· Ability to turn concepts into project requirements, perform requirements gathering and appropriate documentation which lead to successful feature development and timely project completion.
· Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies, requirements documentation and software development project leadership.
· Experience with Agile software methodologies preferred. Familiar with Agile methodologies - Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.
· Current experience with business analysis and project documentation for web and mobile development a plus
- International Volunteers