Volunteer Opportunity for Early Education: Music, Play, and Literacy Promotion!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Padma Sherni Inc.
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Padma Sherni Inc.
200 Continental Drive
Suite 401, PMB 646
* Volunteers are requested to help with a nonprofit (Padma Sherni Inc.) which
is working on a pilot early childhood research study.
* Volunteers are needed for completing informed consent process and implementing project activities
during August 2018 through September 2018.
Attend/Review a presentation about Padma Sherni Inc., Research Project Background,
Complete IRB/CITI training as needed., learn about the literacy assessment tool and practice role-play with another hired research assistant that you will be matched with.
A pilot music exposure, art, free play, and shared reading program for children ages 3 to 5 years of age
and a baseline literacy assessment (Get Ready to Read assessment):
20 minutes: sign up and informed consent, baseline, pre-literacy assessment.
while with children's music playing on cd player, free play (with toy musical instruments and blocks),
crayons + coloring pages,
20 minutes: group story time: Stories from Songbook and then "The Very Hungry Caterpillar",
20 minutes: post-literacy assessment while free play continues.
Participants (Parent and child) will spend an hour together with staff once either
Program participant eligibility is
1) Parental permission/informed consent of an adult at least 18 years of age or older
2) Child's Age 3 to 5 years old
2) music CD with illustrated songbook
* Volunteer Qualifications:
- Age 18 years of age or older
- Personable and motivated attitude
- Access to phone and online meeting capabilities (for example: skype)
- Past work experience with student organizations or non-profits especially for fundraising is a plus
- Past work experience in education or public health is a plus
- Education: College and Beyond in the field of child development, early education, public health, or nursing.
Please email your interest with cover letter, resume, and 2 references to
Pialee Roy at email@example.com by August 1st, 2018.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy:
Padma Sherni Inc. is a nonprofit organization committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants.
Padma Sherni Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, pregnancy, or citizenship status in any of its activities or operations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
An applicant, employee, or volunteer may request a reasonable accommodation at any time, orally or in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Pialee Roy at 302-540-3870.
- Training Provided