Times of day
A few hours per week
RESTON’S ARBOR DAY
Friday, April 5 (Rain or shine)
Reston is a Tree City USA as certified by the National Arbor Day Foundation. Join us as we:
- Help plant native trees, plus a variety of shrubs, ferns and wildflowers.
- Learn about Reston’s trees and shrubs, including proper planting and care
- Show our appreciation for trees
A special Arbor Day presentation and flag raising ceremony will take place at Noon followed by a free pizza lunch for volunteers. Special guest will include Jim McGlone of the Virginia Department of Forestry.
No prior experience required. Training will be provided on-site.
All ages are welcome. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Parents must complete a Volunteer Minor Application for each child participating.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Applications and other information can be found at http://www.reston.org/ under "About Reston Association" then the "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
New Volunteers (required):
Fill out a volunteer application. Once complete, you will receive confirmation and instructions on how to start a VicNet account.
You can find the application here:
- Adult Volunteer Application – http://bit.ly/VolunteerRestonApplication/
- Minor Application (Under 18 - parent must consent) - http://bit.ly/VRMinorApp/
Log into VicNet and register under the "My Schedule" tab. Click the "Help Wanted" boxes on the calendar to sign up.
If you experience any problems with Volgistics or VicNet, please contact Ha Brock, Volunteer Reston Manager, at 703-435-7986 or email@example.com.