A few hours per month
1029 Vermont Ave. NW
Asian American LEAD Youth Leadership Empowerment and Development (AALEAD) is a youth development organization. Our mission is to support low-income and underserved Asian Pacific American youth with educational empowerment, identity development, and leadership opportunities through after school, summer, and mentoring programs. For more information, please visit our web site at www.aalead.org.
AALEAD currently has programs that serve Elementary School youth in DC, and Middle and High School youth in DC, Montgomery County, and Fairfax County. These programs provide educational empowerment, identity development, and leadership development opportunities to our youth.
AALEAD invites interested individuals and organizations to present guest workshops related to our outcome areas and theme, Ignite: Discover Your Passion during our regular program hours. Guest workshops may cover topics such as career exploration, technology, the arts and expression, Asian American identity/history, mental health, cross racial understanding, social justice, public speaking, teamwork, or other leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an engaging and interactive, age appropriate one- to two-hour workshop focusing on a skill or activity
- Facilitate the workshop to youth, focusing on skills development or enrichment
- Have a great attitude and be ready to have some FUN!
- At least one one- to two-hour session held during regular program hours
- Workshop may be repeated at more than one site if schedules are compatible
- Workshop may be longer than two hours and held across multiple sessions if needed
- Please contact volunteer program coordinator about specifics about site locations and program hours