OneOC: Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Volunteers Needed for Working Wardrobes in Irvine
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by OneOC
1901 E. 4th St. #100
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), is a free members-only program through the Corporation of National Community Service for adults age 55 and beyond. Established in 1971, RSVP is one of the largest senior volunteer organizations in the nation with more than 360,000 volunteers. Volunteers can use the skills and talents they’ve learned over the years or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within our community.
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
- Personalized Matching — RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
- Volunteer Insurance — excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
- Recognition — members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
- Community Engagement — newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
About OneOC – OneOC’s mission is to “accelerate nonprofit success.” OneOC provides volunteers, training, consulting and business services to nonprofits to help them become as efficient and effective as they are passionate about their missions.
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers can give 1-40 hours weekly, whatever fits your lifestyle! Weekly time commitment for this position is a minimum of 1 hour, Monday through Friday.
Wage: This is a volunteer opportunity.
Positions: Volunteer with Working Wardrobes in Irvine, CA. Volunteers are needed to fill the following roles:
- Front Desk Greeter/Receptionist: Greet guests as they come into front lobby. Answer phone calls and transfer to appropriate parties. Miscellaneous administrative tasks if skillset is applicable. Must be personable.
- Donor Lobby Greeter: Greet and welcome donors as they arrive at the Donor Lobby. Provide information about a current event or promotion and find ways to engage the prospect in our work. Volunteer must be customer service oriented.
- Donor Center Assistant: Assist Donation team with quality checking, sorting, and tagging clothing donations.
- Retail Store Associate: Assist store manager with restocking the store floor, setting customers up with fitting rooms, ringing a customer up (no experience necessary, will train). Must be customer service oriented.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete the RSVP application.
How To Apply
You may apply directly to the RSVP Volunteer Program by emailing Abby Edmunds at email@example.com