Volunteer Meals on Wheels Home Assessor-Brunswick
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Spectrum Generations
Southern Midcoast's ADRC
35 Union Street
Play a supporting role in our life-saving Meals on Wheels Program by assessing the nutritional needs of homebound seniors to determine eligibility for the Meals on Wheels program and/or other program needs.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
* Work under the supervision of the Nutrition coordinator
* Make home visits to collect pertinent information to further assess the consumers’ eligibility for the program
* Confidential information is collected using a variety of easy to understand forms
* Information may include observations about general health, physical condition, frailty, mental health problems, or domestic conditions
* A follow-up 6-month reassessment will be conducted over the telephone
* A yearly in-home reassessment visit is required
- Training Provided
How To Apply
flexible hours, volunteers set their own schedule.