Volunteer-Safe Families for Children, Polk County
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Bethany Christian Services Florida
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
- We are in need of volunteers to fill several different volunteer roles in Safe Families. If you are passionate about helping children and families in need, keep reading!
We are need of compassionate individuals to fill the following roles:
- Host Family: Helps us fulfill our mission to deflect children from the foster care system by opening their home to children in need and temporarily taking them into their care.
- Family Coaches: Come alongside Host Families to conduct home visits, oversee hosting arrangements, assist placing parents with resources and case plans (when necessary). Some travel is required for this role.
- Family Friends: Provides transportation, babysitting, meals, emotional/spiritual support as needed to Host Families and/or placing parents as needed. Some travel is required for this role.
- Ministry Lead: Functions as the point person in their church for Safe Families for Children, recruits volunteers and oversees the volunteers within their church.
We would be honored to serve children and families with you! Please contact us if you would be interested in serving in any of the above roles in Polk County.
How To Apply
Please address your email to Kristina Reeves, and include which volunteer role(s) you are interested in filling. Thank you for your interest for serving with Safe Families for Children in Polk County!