Recruiting Specialist- Virtual Opportunity
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Welcome Home Group (formerly Welcome Home Resumes)
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Making a difference in a veteran’s life!
The Welcome Home Group is looking for Recruiting Specialists to work with our organization. Be a part of the solution and work with us in recruiting and training volunteers. Our program is different from the rest and the success rate proves that it works. The reason is the quality of our volunteers. We focus on the veteran’s success through volunteer training. We give you, the volunteer, the tools you need to be effective and successful.
We require ALL volunteers to submit both a telephone number and an email address to be considered for all positions. This is because you will send us an email but when we respond, if it goes into your spam/junk folder, you don’t see it and feel as if we aren’t responding. Because you submit both we will email AND call you to make sure you are given the opportunity to speak with our team about the opportunity we have. Also, in order to be considered, please submit a resume if one isn’t attached to your VM profile.
Visit our website at www.twhg.org to learn more about what we do to ensure our nations veterans and their families become successful when seeking civilian employment and become part of an amazing team who makes it all possible!
Develops and implements successful recruitment strategies that align with the company’s growth goals to increase staffing levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists management in determining staffing needs and developing key staffing initiatives
• Responsible for sourcing, recruiting, and screening applicants
• Communicates with volunteer candidates to gauge interest, and to guide them through the application process, including
corresponding via email, conducting preliminary screening interviews by phone, and ensuring relevant paperwork is submitted
• Ensures that job requirements and expectations are delivered to and clearly understood by candidates
• Generates appropriate correspondence to ensure timeliness of recruitment process
• Adheres to corporate hiring policies and procedures
• Thoroughly documents all activities and progress using the company's web-based CRM system
• Maintains clear channel of communication with all parties involved, and actively reports challenges to upper management
• Participates in required introductory training seminars and monthly virtual staff meetings
• Experience in human resources, staffing or recruiting, or other relevant experience
• Technologically proficient, with experience in Microsoft Word, email and web-based data entry systems
• Must be proficient in the use of the English language
• Must be able to respond to staff or volunteer leads within 24 hours, primarily via email
• Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals, without direct supervision
• Efficient in analyzing information gathered and presenting it in a concise and structured manner
• Able to execute sound judgment when analyzing data • Maintains high standards of consistency and professionalism
• Must be willing to volunteer a minimum of ten (10) hours per month
• Ability to attend virtual training seminars or meetings held on evenings and/or weekends, if required. Contact with potential
candidates may need to be scheduled outside of traditional business hours.
• Must have a quiet work environment, and uninterrupted computer, internet and telephone access
- Training Provided