Pathways to Employment AmeriCorps VISTA - Wayne County College Access Network
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Michigan Nonprofit Association Civic Engagement AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Wayne County College Access Network
25363 Eureka Road
Wayne County is more than just Detroit, but students outside the city oftentimes get overlooked and under resourced. As our VISTA with the Wayne County College Access Network (Wayne County CAN) you will help to build a college-going culture within the school districts of out-Wayne County, mobilize local resources to have a greater impact on college attainment rates, and lower barriers preventing students from going to college. You’ll also be responsible for encouraging the coordination of college access services to students, particularly low-income and first generation students. As, in 2013, only 15.3% of Wayne County 11th graders met or exceeded the college ready benchmark, your work will help Wayne County high school students get prepared for and succeed in college.
As our VISTA with Wayne County College Access Network, you will:
• Coordinate county-wide college financial resource activities in Wayne County.
• Organize a county-wide College Decision Day.
• Collect data and update the Wayne County CAN Dashboard with information such as FAFSA completion, college applications submitted, and college enrollment.
• Maintain and grow WCCAN’s sustainability and capacity building efforts.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided