Help teach Word Basics as a Teacher's Assistant!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Opportunity Junction
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
3102 Delta Fair Blvd.
Volunteer Position Description:
Title: Word Basics Teaching Assistant
Purpose/Objective: Volunteer will assist a Volunteer Teacher in helping students learn the basics of Word. The T.A. offers one-on-one help to participants so they can gain a better understanding of computers and how to use computer programs. With these skills, individuals can be more competitive in the workforce.
Location: Opportunity Junction
3102 Delta Fair Blvd
Antioch, Ca 94509
- Strong communication skills and ability to relay information
- Up-to-date knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Willingness and ability to communicate with and assist people of different backgrounds; and
- Adherence to Opportunity Junction’s policies and procedures
Time Commitment: The class will consist of six 1.5 hour sessions with a half hour prior for preparation (2 hours total).
Training/Support provided: As part of your volunteer experience, we ask that you:
- attend basic orientation and training provided by Opportunity Junction to prepare instructors for volunteer service
- observe at least one evening class before they begin teaching
- continually be informed about what is happening within the organization
- The teacher will receive support and assistance from our Development Manager and Program Assistant.
Benefits: Windows Word basics teacher’s assistants practice skills such as public speaking, time management, teaching, training, communication and improve their own computer skills through application. Also, teaching will give volunteers the platform to help individuals on their path to finding a job and sustaining self-sufficiency.
How To Apply
Please call (925) 776-1133 and ask to speak to Eva Luo, Development Manager, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our office, located at 3102 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch, CA today!