Grant writing and fundraising volunteer in International Development
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by GCP Foundation
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
GCP Foundation is an international development charity with a mission to eradicate energy poverty in Africa. We achieve these objectives by replacing harmful fossil fuels with renewable energy and advocate on climate change.
We are at a pivotal stage of our development, starting to gain more traction and really grow as an organisation. We are really keen to communicate with our supporters exactly what is going on month-by-month. We are looking for someone who can produce a regular newsletter, in an engaging and compelling manner based on what has been happening with our charity.
We are looking for support from a person keen to gain experience in the fundraising world, preferably who has some experience of successful grant writing.
What you will do
· Supporting the GCP Foundation by writing grant applications.
· Supporting the trustees to develop a ‘shopping list’ of what grants could be spent on.
· Developing a bank of information which can be used to support grant applications.
· Researching what each grant body requires specifically and tailoring applications to meet this.
· Reviewing what has been successful and helping Fundraising Coordinator to understand strengths and weaknesses in past applications.
· Developing new fundraising ideas.
· General promotion of the GCP Foundation and advocacy of the issues throughout the duration of the role.
· Assisting with general administration including answering emails and calls, preparing resources, keeping clear records of spending and reporting back to manager.
- Experience in grant writing and fund raising.
- Marketing materials and proposal preparation.
- High touch/hands-on communication skills.
- Confidence in communication.
- Understanding the non-profit sector.
· Confident self-starter.
· Committed and able to dedicate the minimum of five hours each month to the role.
· Interested in our causes and ethos around eradicating energy poverty and the environment.
· Proven written communication skills.
· Strong IT skills.
· Confidence to work on own initiative with minimum supervision but knowing when to consult with and inform others.
· Organised, able to set and meet own targets and goals.
· Happy to work from home.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Entrepreneurial and Adaptable to change.
- Previous Africa or international development related working experience preferred.
- Experience in fast-paced and multi-cultural working environment.
All candidates must have access to the internet.
How To Apply
Please submit your CV and short note as to why you would like to work with us, your experience in Africa or international development and understanding of the United Nation's SDGs.