Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Cornerstones is looking for Employment Services Volunteers to support the Employment Specialist. Volunteers will assist clients to build/customize their resume and cover letter, research and apply for employment, create an email address, or other tasks needed to help our clients gain employment.
Times: Clinics—Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Commitment per week: Minimum of one clinic a week or one day for Job-Readiness class
· Treat all clients with dignity, respect and patience—not making judgments about their situation or abilities;
· Assist client in researching and applying for employment;
· Learn about the client’s employment history and assist to improve resume and cover letter using the WinWay Resume software;
· Help client create a professional email address and/or voice mail message, if needed;
· Support, guide, affirm, and provide positive examples through listening, assisting in problem solving and bringing out individual strengths and talents; and
· Review interview preparation such as determining appropriate business attire and possible interview questions.
· 21-year-old minimum age limit
· Prior experience teaching or mentoring adults
· Genuine interest and patience for working with adults
· Interested in learning WinWay Resume software to assist clients
· Committed to working on the date and time agreed to with the Employment Specialist
· Available on an ongoing basis throughout the stated timeframe during the days and times mentioned above
· Satisfactory completion of Criminal History and Child Protective Services background checks.
- Training Provided