Most Affordable HIV/AIDS Prevention Program in Uganda
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Associação Iko Poran - Most Affordable Volunteer Programs
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
- Located between Kenya, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, and Tanzania, Uganda covers 240 thousand square kilometers. Its fascinating culture, majestic snow-capped mountains, beautiful rivers, tropical climate and great food attract travelers from all around the world. Uganda is also famous for its abundant wildlife and immense lake Victoria.
- Iko Poran offers a highly affordable and rewarding set of projects, available all year round and starting at only $400 for 2 weeks. As a non-profit organisation, Iko Poran runs its own projects, which guarantees no handling fees due to unnecessary intermediaries and the allocation of the money directly according to the needs of local communities.
- Uganda is at the heart of the sub-Saharan HIV/AIDS pandemic. Most rural areas are severely lacking in services and HIV/AIDS awareness. Awareness programs are provided at the community level, to schools and institutions, and at the personal level with individual counselling and home visits.
- This Program is divided under the following categories: HIV /AIDS Education and Awareness; HIV/AIDS Counselling Training (TOT); Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT).
Language/Cultural Support Available