Grant Writer Needed to Help Apes and Monkeys - Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Pan African Sanctuary Alliance (PASA)
The Pan African Sanctuary Alliance (PASA), the largest association of wildlife centers in Africa, includes 22 organizations in 13 African countries that are securing a future for Africa’s primates. PASA strengthens our member organizations and works to build a global movement to save Africa’s great apes and monkeys. The combination of PASA’s worldwide network and our members’ local expertise uniquely positions the Alliance to make a significant, sustained impact.
PASA is offering a volunteer opportunity for a Conservation Writer, preferably (but not necessarily) in Portland, OR (where PASA is based). Work is part-time, and you can pick the schedule and how many hours per week you want to work.
As PASA's Grant Writer, you will learn how to research funding opportunities for nonprofit organizations, determine foundations' funding priorities, and write proposals that are tailored to the foundations' interests. These skills will be readily transferable to positions in nonprofit development, fundraising, research, and other fields that involve writing proposals.
Your goals will be to secure grants from foundations, zoos, and other funding sources.
Your specific roles will include:
- Learn about PASA's programs and the work of PASA's member sanctuaries in Africa
- Research foundations, zoos, and other organizations that may give grants to PASA
- Determine their funding priorities and decide what PASA programs match their priorities
- Write proposals that appeal to the funders' interests
- International Volunteers