A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
UPchieve hopes to revolutionize the way students get help and the way people volunteer, but we can't do this without dedicated and compassionate people like yourselves serving on our staff and working with our students. We offer Academic Coach positions and staff positions, both of which are unpaid volunteer opportunities.
In order to be considered an active volunteer at UPchieve, you must:
- Pass a screening process that includes: providing proof of identity and proof of educational background, providing two references, and consenting to a background check
- Pass at least one help topic certificiation quiz
- Select at least one hour of typical availability
- Training Provided
How To Apply
- After submitting your application, you'll complete a brief call with our Volunteer Coordinator to learn more about the opportunity.
- If you pass the screening process, you will receive a code to sign up on our app.
- You'll select your "typical" availability in the app and pass certification quizzes in the topics that you'd like to help students with (we even provide you with review materials before you take the quiz!)
- When a student needs help with a topic that you're certified in and at a time that you're typically available, you'll receive a text notification to log in and help them.
- If you are no longer free at that time, it's okay! Simply text back and the system will reach out to another volunteer.