Global Health Communications Volunteer - Virtual
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Fund for Global Health
A few hours per week
Fund for Global Health works on advocacy for cost-effective global health solutions with the greatest potential to prevent death and disability. We advocate with the U.S. Congress and the World Bank, the biggest funders of development assistance, working together with like-minded organizations.
Every day, 16,000 children die of mostly preventable causes. 1.7 million people a year die of tuberculosis, now the biggest infectious disease killer. These and other global health problems are being addressed by U.S. foreign assistance, but more needs to be done. This is an excellent opportunity to address major global health challenges and learn effective advocacy skills.
- Identify, solicit, research and write content to explain and promote the work of FFGH. Including gathering supporting data, photos and graphics, letters to the editor, contacting elected officials
- Assist with operational communications
- Assist in marketing and editing promotional material such as flyers, campaigns, social media, web pages, etc
- Ensure consistent tone and message in alignment with FFGH vision and values
Communication Strategy and Execution
- Collaborate with team to develop and execute communication and outreach plans
- Participate in the measurement and evaluation of the impact of communication efforts,
- Manage competing interests and priorities, balancing urgent and long-term needs.
Teamwork and Engagement
- Be responsible and accountable.
- Use organizational skills and provide attention to details.
- Maintain a positive, optimistic, and success-oriented attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
- Helpful: experience in advocacy, outreach, organizing and training people
Preference given to those who are constituents of a U.S. Representative or Senator on the State and Foreign Operations Subcommittees of Appropriations, who decide on funding for U.S. global health programs.
Volunteers make a minimum 4-month commitment to a program of weekly communication and action, trained and supported by one of our coordinators. All activities can be conducted remotely.
- Training Provided