Volunteer Meals on Wheels Driver - Gardiner Area
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Spectrum Generations
Times of day
A few hours per week
Cohen Community Center
22 Town Farm Road
Driver needed to pick up food donations at the Gardiner Hannaford every Monday from 7:30 - 8:30.
Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
A company vehicle is provided if needed.
PURPOSE: A Volunteer Driver is anyone who transports meals and/or clients to and from planned events. The driver who transports meals takes the meals from the food source to the patron’s home and may transport donated food from a local supermarket.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
* Picking up food donations from local store and delivering to a Center
* Delivering a hot, nutritious noon time meal to home bound seniors
* Act as a safety “check-in” person for home bound seniors
* Reporting to Spectrum Generations if recipient does not answer their door
* Transporting consumers to and from scheduled activities and events
- Training Provided