Volunteer Corporate Board opportunities with Hugh O'Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership Michigan
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Hugh O'Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership - Michigan
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO BOX 230064
For over five decades, Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) has inspired young people to make a difference and become catalysts for positive change in their home, school, workplace, and community. HOBY aims to inspire and develop our global community of youth & volunteers to a life dedicated to leadership, service, and innovation. The Michigan affiliate has been operative since 1984.
Michigan HOBY's flagship program is a three-day seminar open to high school sophomores from any public, private or home school in the state. HOBY provides students unique leadership training, service-learning and motivation-building experiences. HOBY also provides adults with opportunities to make a significant impact on the lives of youth by volunteering.
We seek to add visionary leaders, strategic planners and mentors to our corporate board. If you’re committed to inspiring youth and volunteers to live a life of service, leadership and innovation, we want to talk to you.
The goals of the corporate board are to:
- Coordinate all HOBY activities within the state of Michigan
- Monitor program activities, quality and adherence to HOBY's policies and liability and risk management guidelines
- Approve key volunteers, ensure they receive adequate training, and hold them accountable
- Ensure financial stability of all HOBY programs
- Maintain good standing for the corporation with federal and state agencies monitoring non-profit corporations
- Develop a strategic plan for growth and longevity of HOBY programs
- Support HOBY Michigan’s mission, purposes, goals, policies, and programs while knowing its strengths and needs.
- Represent HOBY Michigan professionally and enthusiastically, both when formally appearing on behalf of the organization at activities and events and in personal conduct.
- Actively participate in HOBY Michigan’s Corporate Board meetings and applicable committee meetings.
- Help the Corporate Board fulfill its fiduciary responsibility.
- Assist HOBY Michigan with the development and implementation of fundraising strategies.
- A combination of education and experience in at least one of the following: finance/accounting, fundraising, service and volunteer-led organizations, legal matters, public relations, strategic planning, volunteer development
- Steadfast commitment to youth development and leadership.
- Proven ability to facilitate progressive organizational change in a dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills, including excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills; and the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues, schools, parents and donors.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and detail orientation.
- Training Provided