Bilingual English-Spanish Translator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Beyond the Surface International
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Beyond the Surface International facilitates surfing, storytelling, and mindfulnessworkshops in remote or marginlized small-scale fishing communities under unprecedented pressure from resource scarcities due to changing climate, collapsing ocean, and shifts in landscapes.
We are looking for a creative and stoked individual to join our team!
The Bilingual English-Spanish Translator position is ideal for someone who is passionate about languages, bridging the digital divide, and engaging remote coastal communities over the worldwide web.
Our projects have a global outreach with a huge interest coming from Spanish-speaking countries in Central and South America. We are looking for a volunteer to translate materials both online and internal documents so we can have more impact and clearly reach more people - both in cities and remote villages. These remote villages face a twofold problem: lack of capacity to have their perspectives heard and barriers to receiving information on potential drivers of and adaptation to change.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Translate Coast 2 Coast's entire website and blog into Spanish.
- Translate Beyond the Surface International's entire website and blog into Spanish.
- Translate or create simple, straightforward posts on Facebook and Instagram.
- Translating marketing materials and even art from English to Spanish.
- Epic writing and verbal communications skills in both Spanish and English.
- Ability to translate materials from English to Spanish.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Apple Pages or Microsoft Word.
- Interest in culture, art, the ocean, surfing, audiovisual storytelling, or mindfulness.
This position requires someone who can work independently and is self-motivated. We require that you work on your own computer from home or remotely.
We provide all information and training via Zoom (similar to Skype) and are available by email or phone to provide further support if needed throughout the volunteer opportunity.
This is an epic opportunity for someone who is interested in journalism, community-based conservation efforts, ocean literacy, or gaining experience in the area of international social work... and boost their CV / resume!
The ideal candidate can commit to 8-10 hours of work per week.
The volunteer opportunity is a non-salaried position. We are unable to provide a stipend or financial assistance (we sincerely wish we could). However - the good news - we are able to provide you either write you a stellar letter of recommendation or be a professional reference (considering your demonstrated commitment and performance).
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send us an email and outline why you'd like this position, why you think you'd be a good fit based on your passions and past experiences, and what your favorite fruit is and why.
Please include your CV / resume as an attachment to the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Check out our audiovisual storytelling arm: www.coast2coastmovement.com