An exciting opportunity for a non-profit professional between jobs to assist in the organizational growth of a major arts institution founded in 1992. Enjoy a fast paced creative environment where your ideas are valued. Be passionate about learning new skills and working collaboratively with our team to build the organization's capacity. You will assist the Executive Director in fulfilling the organization's 5-year strategic plan. Prior managerial or supervisory experience and a bachelor's degree in communications are preferred. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are necessary. The organization is seeking a dynamic leader and highly organized professional with an uncanny ability to manage small details from start to finish. Must be a self-motivated solution driven individual. Be passionate about our brand and mission to serve artists. Position has a potential to lead to additional opportunities within the organization as it expands.
The Program Associate will assist the Executive Director and programming team in the areas of administration, general operations, development and marketing. We are seeking candidates who believe in our mission, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and want to learn and grow with our team. Must be detail oriented and able to manage a small team of interns and volunteers. Volunteers must have 15 hours a week to follow through on projects from start to finish. Hours are flexible. Work is remotely while COVID-19 crisis is actively preventing team to meet in person.
The Program Associate reports to the Executive Director.
· Manage reception responsibilities and distribution of incoming correspondence.
· Provide administrative support to Executive Director and assist with operations, attending virtual meetings, program coordination and correspondence.
· Coordinate and Assist with preparation for the Board of Directors’ meetings and committee meetings, including the distribution of materials, logistics, and the note taking and writing of the meetings’ minutes.
· General clerical tasks such proofreading and editing documents
· Assist with other administrative tasks and projects as needed.
· Supervise interns responsible for African Voices programs
Development and Marketing Support
· Assist Executive Director with preparation and submission of grant proposals and reports, as requested.
· Assist Executive Director with development-related mailings, e.g., annual appeal letters, stewardship initiatives, etc.
Must possess the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment with a demonstrated ability to effectively partner with a diverse group of stakeholders.
· Team player with strong relationship-based approach to working with our team
· Outstanding organizational skills and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
· A strong work ethic and creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
· Strong oral and written communication skills with a diplomatic flair
· Must have knowledge of Database Management software, MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
· Bachelor’s degree required
An exciting opportunity for a non-profit professional between jobs to assist in the organizational growth of a major arts institution founded in 1992. Enjoy a fast paced creative environment where your ideas are valued. Be passionate…