Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Oakland Pride is the East Bay's largest festival celebrating the diversity of our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) communities. With 4 stages, the largest children and family area in the country, over 50,000 people in attendance and a parade down Oakland's historic Broadway, Oakland Pride offers something for everyone.
Unless, they don't hear about it!
Oakland Pride seeks an all-star volunteer who is willing to lead our outreach efforts. You would be our ambassador to the community and represent Pride at many events. Of course, you'd have the support of our Board of Directors, our Volunteer Coordinator, and Entertainment Director, and dozens of committed volunteers.
Duties would include:
- Researching events and opportunities for Oakland Pride to table, have a booth, or engage with the community.
- Coordinate with our Volunteer coordinator and volunteers to staff those events.
- Work with our Board members to encourage their attendance at events where appropriate
- Represent Oakland Pride at various community events alongside our Board of Directors
- Help us keep track of our need for t-shirts, giveaways, and other outreach supplies
- HAVE FUN as the face of Oakland Pride at partner events. Tell people about our event and encourage people to attend.
Oakland Pride is an all volunteer run organization and takes the dedication of dozens of people to be a success every year. Although this is not your standard volunteer opportunity this isn't a year-round commitment. Our busiest time of the year is June through September and would like someone who could dedicate 10 hours a week during that time.
Oakland Pride covers all expenses incurred while representing the organization and will provide a small stipend for travel, meals, and other expenses.
We look forward to another successful Oakland Pride!
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided