Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1717 Clemens Rd
Join the We Vote Movement
We Vote is currently looking for an excellent volunteer who wants to work with cutting edge technology (Django/Python, React, and React Native). Our ideal volunteer is passionate about using technology to educate voters and increase voter turnout.
We Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup. We Vote is building a movement of excellent, passionate, part-time volunteers (starting with the founders) who build mobile technologies that touch and mobilize millions of voters on Election Day. We believe that many voters are busy, distracted, and impatient. We have a goal of providing a voting experience that lasts no longer than 8 minutes including the download of our app. More information at http:www.WeVote.US or on Twitter @WeVote.
What You’ll Do.
- Install our software locally.
https://github.com/wevote/WebApp - React-based Mobile Website
https://github.com/wevote/WeVoteServer - Django/Python API Server
https://github.com/wevote/WeVoteReactNative - Native iOS/Android
- Work with our current volunteer engineering team either face to face (Oakland, CA) or in Google Hangouts.
- Tackle specific issues: https://github.com/wevote/WebApp/issues or https://github.com/wevote/WeVoteServer/issues
Who you are: Must haves.
- A passion for the latest technology.
- At least 20 hours per week. Our core team volunteers M-F 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. If you are interested in working fewer hours, we also meet every Wednesday night at Code for San Francisco.
- A willingness to work with and support other volunteers.
Not required, but nice to have.
- We hold our face-to-face meetings in Oakland and San Francisco CA, and would love to be able to have meetings in person.
- An academic degree or work experience in engineering.
What you’ll gain.
You will have the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of Americans, and be part of a movement and product that will receive national attention. You’ll gain an opportunity to grow within the We Vote movement and meet other volunteers who are like minded and interested in building a valuable application to empower voters across the United States. You’ll also gain valuable technical skills, have opportunities for leadership development, and expand your personal and professional network.
If you want to join an experienced team that is passionate about creating an excellent product that makes our world a better place, please sign up here: http://www.wevoteteam.org/volunteer
Please share with us that you are interested in this position, and why you find We Vote exciting. Please include a link to your resume and let us know what questions you have. If it makes sense, we’ll set up a phone call. Our apologies in advance if we aren’t able to personally respond to everyone who applies.
Thank you for your interest,
The We Vote Team
How To Apply
Please sign up here, and make a note that you are interested in this volunteer position: http://www.wevoteteam.org/volunteer