Orbis welcomes volunteers interested in utilizing their skills to support a variety of professional activities at Orbis. The legal volunteer will augment the effectiveness of the Orbis Legal department by providing administrative, logistical, substantive and/or technical support to the Orbis General Counsel, either with the daily workload or with special projects. The legal volunteer will work directly with the Orbis General Counsel (an experienced attorney who has practiced law for over ten years) and will be assigned tasks and projects based on their unique knowledge, skill sets, talents and interests. This will be an opportunity to understand the operations of a legal department, perform administrative and substantive legal assignments as well as to learn from an experienced attorney.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Legal Department Volunteer reports to the General Counsel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Perform database entries.
· Organize electronic and hard-copy files.
· Maintain the digital legal department filing system.
· Perform initial review and revision of contracts.
· Interact with regulatory agencies and prepare agency filings.
· Perform online legal research.
· Proofread and edit documents.
· Assist in drafting and maintaining form agreements.
· Participate in special projects based on specific skills and interests.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Legal background (either law school or paralegal) preferred but not required.
· Demonstrated volunteer or work experience in a professional environment.
.Experience in areas such as administration, databases, computers, writing, editing, research, communication, etc.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact successfully with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
· High level of professional integrity and discretion.
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft word, outlook, spreadsheets, etc.
· Fluency in English.
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence.
Orbis welcomes volunteers interested in utilizing their skills to support a variety of professional activities at Orbis. The legal volunteer will augment the effectiveness of the Orbis Legal department by providing…