Information and Technology Advisor in Tanzania, Ghana, Swaziland, Togo, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Bolivia
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Crossroads International
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Tanzania, Ghana, Swaziland, Togo, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Bolivia
49 Bathurst Street
Information and Technology Advisor
Location: Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Togo, Senegal, Swaziland, Tanzania and Ghana
Duration: 4 – 18 months
Context: Crossroad International is an international development organization that is reducing poverty and increasing women’s rights around the world. We work with local partners in eight countries and are supported by hundreds of volunteers each year.
- Increase the organization’s capacities in information technology, web design and website updating;
- Support the implementation of various computer software and e-commerce training;
- Support the implementation and improvement of computer systems for reporting statistical and performance indicators.
- Diploma in Computer Science and Database Management or equivalent;
- Experience in web development, design and e-commerce;
- Graphics design skills are an asset;
- Ability and willingness to work in rural areas and new cultural and professional settings.
What we offer:
Crossroads International offers personalized support before, during and after the mandate and offers:
- Monthly budget for accommodation and living costs (varies by country);
- Round trip flights;
- Medical insurance and vaccines;
- Training (before and after).
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Willing to conduct fundraising and public engagement activities before, during and after the placement;
- Must be in a good physical and mental health.
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available