A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
15721 Waterloo Road
Organization Overview and History: The Cleveland Seed Bank (CSB) is a project of The Hummingbird Project, a nonprofit organization headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. The Cleveland Seed Bank facilitates, educates and is building a community network of local seed savers. We partner with 3 different public library systems to host 7 seed libraries which span 2 counties in Greater Cleveland. CSB was formed to address a fundamental gap in our local food system: a regional, diverse, and community-stewarded seed supply. We believe that such a seed supply is the foundation of a resilient and sustainable food system.
Mission: The Cleveland Seed Bank's mission is to inspire and educate our community on how to save seeds in an effort to create a sustainable, biodiverse seed supply which supports our local food system.
Our organization is looking for a dynamic, experienced individual who is passionate about our mission and has a strong desire to make the world a better place. We are committed to equity, social justice and building leadership at all levels within the organization.
· Help plan, organize & oversee community building events
· Help manage all aspects of our 7 Seed Libraries
· Coordinate volunteers
· Manage organization’s Facebook & Twitter accounts
· Write monthly newsletters
· Attend monthly staff meetings
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of working experience
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and public speaking skills
· Strong task management skills, including working with databases, scheduling events/meetings, following up with partners and volunteers
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently
· Attention to detail
· Familiarity with WordPress
· Proven experience writing/editing online content
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent social media and networking skills
· Solid technical knowledge of and proficiency in using social media platforms and best practices.
· Knowledge of current social media tools and management software
· Proficiency with Facebook and Twitter insights, proficiency in tracking social media performance with Google Analytics
· Flexible attitude
Ideally, candidate would be located in Cleveland area to be part of team meetings and events. This position is currently a volunteer position but has the potential to turn into a paid position for the right applicant!
The Hummingbird Project is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
How To Apply
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org