Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
461 Quaker Bottom Road
Havre de Grace
Does local history fascinate you? Do you love interacting with people of all ages and backgrounds? Then you might be interested in a position as a Weekend Interpreter at Steppingstone Farm Museum!
Steppingstone Farm Museum preserves and interprets the rural heritage of Harford County, MD. We are a private not-for-profit museum located within Susquehanna State Park, and rely heavily on the help of volunteers from the community. We are open to the public on weekends between April and October, from 1-5pm.
Weekend Interpreters help us teach visitors about the history of farming, rural life, and historic trades, as well as answering questions and providing visitors with information about the museum. Having Weekend Interpreters is very important for our museum: we need these dedicated individuals to be able to open our 1771 Historic Farmhouse on Open Weekends.
- Free “Family & Friends” museum membership in your first year, including passes to museum events and participation in members-only programs.
- Volunteer Appreciation Events throughout the year
- Learn more about the fascinating history of our area and work in our (climate-controlled) historic house built in 1771
- Building relationships and new skills that will last a lifetime!
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Ability to navigate stairs in the historic house.
- Must be able to interact courteously and positively children and adults of all ages, backgrounds, and education levels.
- Must be able to commit to at least 1 weekend shift per month (shifts run from 1-5pm).
- Training Provided