A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2677 North Main Street
Are you an art student, professional artist, or an individual who is highly skilled in art and wanting to make a positive difference in someone's life? Become one of Sanctuary Hospice's Art Therapy volunteers! Hospice patients are nearing the end of their lives and often due to their medical conditions have no creative expression available to them. Help provide them with a creative outlet for expressing themselves.
The role of the art therapy volunteer is a special one where he/she will visit a patient's home to get to know them and will create a special work of art in-person for the patient and/or their family. This art piece will be something unique and personal for the patient and their families to treasure forever. The art piece could be whatever the patient wants...perhaps a sketch of their favorite animal, a drawing of a dream they once had, a watercolor of their favorite place, or an ink drawing of a special memory. Bring comfort and joy to the life of a hospice patient by sharing your artistic gift!
* Visit patients at their homes to create custom works of art for them in-person
* Be skilled in some form of art (drawing, painting, sketching, etc.)
* Comfortable with end of life journeys
* 18 years or older
* Valid driver's license and auto insurance
* Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and TB test
* Must be willing to complete Volunteer Orientation training
If interested, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Emily Sparks at email@example.com or 949-629-0220.
- Training Provided